Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy and fairly light dish that comes out white, red, and green, just like the Italian flag.
- 1 (19 ounce) bag cheese tortellini, frozen
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach (half of a 16-oz bag)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat water to boiling. Add tortellini and spinach. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 3 minutes, or longer if directed on tortellini package.
- Mix in rest of ingredients over very low heat until warm.
- Serve with ground black pepper and grated parmesan to taste.