Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe from the BH & G Fish & Seafood cook book was posted in response to a request. Cooking time doesn't include packaged fish.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 breaded or battered frozen fish, portions
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook onion& garlic in oil in heavy saucepan til onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in cornstarch, undrained tomatoes, oregano, sugar, salt& pepper.
- Cook& stir until thickened& bubbly; then cook& stir for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook or bake fish portions according to package directions.
- To serve, spoon hot tomato mixture over fish& sprinkle with cheese.
This was INSANELY good! Definitely making again.
I started a job today for two weeks and had this recipe laying out for dinner tonight since it is Lent. Well, wouldn't you know it, dh took a vacation day today to watch the kids and made this for supper! It was on the table when I walked in the door. The taste was wonderful...much better than what I expected of a recipe with frozen breaded fish portions! DH used cod and this was really great. Easy enough for a hubby to make and good enough for the whole family to enjoy!