Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy way to form the pasta shell is to spoon the fettuccine mixture into pie plate and then press firmly with another pie plate
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli or 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef and onion in 10 inch skillet over med heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 mins.
- ,stirring occasionally.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on pkg.
- Beat one of the eggs and the butter in med.
- Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon mixtur into ungreased quiche dish or pie plate 9 x11/2 inches; press evenly on bottom and up side of plate.
- Mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture on bottom of pie plate.
- Sprinkle with broccoli.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan chees.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or untill hot in centre.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
We loved this dish. This was a nice change from pasta pies with the added broccoli. Made a few portion chgs, increased the beef considerably & the pasta abit. Also added some sauted garlic for flavour. Stayed pretty close to the other portion sizes & it came out perfectly for us cause we don't like overly creamy dishes. Pretty quick & easy to make, thanks for sharing.
I make this recipe all the time.... It is one of our favorites and better the next day. Great with some ceasar salad.