Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Italian Chicken Sandwiches Recipe from Festival Foods - I've used deli ham in place of the prosciutto too.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 cups spring greens
- Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing for up to 24 hours.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts.
- Mix together mayonnaise and pesto.
- Spread on both sides of rolls.
- Place a chicken breast on each roll.
- Top with shredded cheese, prosciutto, peppers, and lettuce.
- Cut the sandwich in half diagonally.
I already had some chicken breast cooked up, so this was a quick and easy lunch. I made exactly as stated except I used some bakery rolls that I picked up yesterday. Thanks Jess.