Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Old as the hills recipe for weight watchers
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry non-fat buttermilk
- Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and gelatin in a small saucepan.
- Whisk to dissolve cornstarch, then set pan over medium/low heat.
- Heat mixture until boiling, stirring often.
- When mixture begins to boil, cook for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add vinegar and dry buttermilk to saucepan and stir.
- Transfer dressing to a covered container and refrigerate--preferably overnight--before serving.