Old as the hills recipe for weight watchers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry non-fat buttermilk
- 1Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and gelatin in a small saucepan.
- 2Whisk to dissolve cornstarch, then set pan over medium/low heat.
- 3Heat mixture until boiling, stirring often.
- 4When mixture begins to boil, cook for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- 5Add vinegar and dry buttermilk to saucepan and stir.
- 6Transfer dressing to a covered container and refrigerate--preferably overnight--before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Fat-Free Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry non-fat buttermilk