Italian Fat-Free Dressing
- Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and gelatin in a small saucepan.
- Whisk to dissolve cornstarch, then set pan over medium/low heat.
- Heat mixture until boiling, stirring often.
- When mixture begins to boil, cook for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add vinegar and dry buttermilk to saucepan and stir.
- Transfer dressing to a covered container and refrigerate--preferably overnight--before serving.