Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have an abundance of eggplant right now and needed a recipe that used a lot. I found this on another site and gave it a try. Glad I did, this is a winner in our house.
- 6 small eggplants
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Puncture eggplants with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 1/2 hrs or until soft - turn occasionally.
- Cool. Peel and dice.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Add eggplant and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Note: I used fresh parsley, basil and oregano.