Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from a friend and she told me that it doesn't really taste like eggplant. She was right, but it does taste delicious.
- 1 -2 medium eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- peel and cube eggplant.
- cover with water and cook until done,drain.
- Cook rice using 1 cup water and1/2 teaspoon salt until all water is boiled away.
- set aside Saute meat in a large skillet.
- add onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess grease add eggplant, rice and soup to meat mixture and mix well.
- cook over a low heat until soup is well heated.
- spoon 1/2 of mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish and cover with half of cheese add remaining mixture and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Awesome! I added zuchinni and parmasean cheese
I made this recipe last night and just loved it. I substituted ground pork for the ground beef which gave it a nice flavor. My husband who is not a big fan of eggplant really liked it too. I will definitely make this again !!
The only thing I changed was by adding lots more cheese and I added about 1 tsp of cumin and some ground pepper. Very tasty!