This soup could not be any easier. My family has been making this for years. My grandmother and mom would always have a pot of chicken stock cooking. I make this with can stock for a quick week night lite fare. This and a salad and you have a meal. If making stock from scratch, add about 2 cups of the cooked chicken to the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- 2Stir breadcrumbs and cheese into the eggs to create a pancake batter consistency.
- 3Bring the stock to a boil and add chicken if desired.
- 4Stir in the egg batter in a slow steady stream.
- 5The batter will form fine, light flakes.
- 6Simmer the soup for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 1297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: