Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This soup could not be any easier. My family has been making this for years. My grandmother and mom would always have a pot of chicken stock cooking. I make this with can stock for a quick week night lite fare. This and a salad and you have a meal. If making stock from scratch, add about 2 cups of the cooked chicken to the soup.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated Italian cheese
- 6 cups chicken stock
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Stir breadcrumbs and cheese into the eggs to create a pancake batter consistency.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add chicken if desired.
- Stir in the egg batter in a slow steady stream.
- The batter will form fine, light flakes.
- Simmer the soup for 5 minutes.
I made half the recipe with canned broth. It was ok but I felt it needed something more to make it interesting. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2013.