- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 11 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise extract
- 7 -8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sugar, cottage cheese, salt and eggs; mix well.
- Add oil, vanilla and anise extract; mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Refrigerate 1 hour; divide dough into 12-18 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 1-inch log; form a ring, pinching ends together and place on baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes.