Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick light soup, delicious teamed with a sandwich for lunch or dinner.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups beef stock
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Beat eggs and blend with cheese, parsley and butter.
- Add enough bread crumbs to hold ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls about 3/4" in diameter, If sticky, very lightly dust hands with additional bread crumbs.
- When mixture is used up, bring broth to a rolling boil and carefully drop in balls.
- When they come to the surface, boil 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with additional grated cheese.
- The egg balls should be light and fluffy in texture.