1 hr 30 mins
The Easter dinner was always the best at Nanny's and I remember her making several types of pies for the meal. This is a savory pie filled with Italian meats and cheeses. The recipe makes 2 deep dish pies. It's best served at room tempature. Can be made several days before eating, just remember to try and take the chill off of it. You dont want to cut it or serve it hot, as the cheeses will still be runny and won't stay together. This dish freezes well. We usually eat this on Easter, but you can make it and serve with a nice salad on the side for dinner. Delicious! I use premade frozen pie crusts or buy the Pillsbury ones in the refrigerator section and fill my own pie plates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- 2Mix Ricotta cheese in large mixing bowl and add the eggs one at a time until all incorporated.
- 3Stir in Mozarella Cheese, Ham, Hard Salami, Prosciutto, Parmesan Cheese & Provolone Cheese. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- 4Spoon the mixture into the pie shells evenly, and smooth the top of each.
- 5Take the remaining pie crusts and place on top of each pie. Crimp the edges to make sure you seal them well.
- 6Cut 3 or 4 vent holes in the top, to allow steam to escape while cooking. I usually try to cut leaf shapes and then use the cut out and place it on the top of the pie in a design.
- 7brush top of pie with egg white.
- 8Bake in oven for 1 hour or until the crust is golden brown.
- 9Cool and serve when room tempature. You dont want to serve it hot as the cheeses will make it real runny and messy. Allow to come to room tempature before putting in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Easter Pie
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 897.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: