Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe handed down by my grandmother. It is a tradional recipe served at Easter
Make and share this Italian Easter Meat Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, slice 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 lb italian prosciutto, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh basket cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (save some yolk for top)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Prepare crust: Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, oil and water.
- Press into a 13x9 inch glass casserole dish, saving some for making a lattice top.
- Filling: Mix cut up sausage, proscuitto, cheeses and beaten eggs. Pour into crust lined casserole. Make lattice strips for top. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake approximately 1 hour at 325 degrees.