1 hr 20 mins
Chef #213751's Note:
This is a recipe handed down by my grandmother. It is a tradional recipe served at Easter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, slice 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 lb italian prosciutto, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh basket cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1Prepare crust: Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, oil and water.
- 2Press into a 13x9 inch glass casserole dish, saving some for making a lattice top.
- 3Filling: Mix cut up sausage, proscuitto, cheeses and beaten eggs. Pour into crust lined casserole. Make lattice strips for top. Brush with egg yolk.
- 4Bake approximately 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Easter Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 530.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: