Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this dressing...it is zesty, zippy, tangy and sassy! Go easy on the cayenne if you're not into spice or just use paprika instead! If this is too tangy for you, add anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons of sugar to taste...I just don't like to add sugar to my dressings! Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle or jar. Shake well to combine.
- Store in fridge until ready to use -- the longer it sits and the flavors blend the better.
- Let refridgerated dressing come to room temperature and shake well before each use.
This is a delicious recipe just as is. I have also made it with the following changes: Add 2T. of sugar to harmonize the flavors and to cut the acid a bit. I used only 6. T. of olive oil. I have a "thing" about oil! I have also added 2 T. of mayonaise to make a slightly creamy dressing. Thanks for such an inspirational and delicious recipe. A real keeper!
I would not use this on salad. All I could taste was raw garlic, it was completely inedible.
Made this recipe except substituted tablespoon dijon mustard as i didn't have dry mustard. Added Frank's hot sauce and used it to marinate chicken overnight before grilling. Turned out really flavorful and moist. Also good on salad. I'll definitely use this again.