It's super easy! The chicken is falling of the bone, juicy and very tender. I save the juices for gravy and stock. I serve with mashed red potatos and corn on the cob. The leftovers are great too! Make sure your crockpot (5-7 quart) is large enough to handle a whole chicken
- Remove giblets, raise with cold water and pat the chicken dry .
- Rub chicken with Italian Dressing mix. Place in plastic freezer bag and place in refrigerater overnight.
- Chop onions and carrots, place on the bottom of crockpot with no liquid. Saving some onion and a couple of carrots. Put remaining onion and carrots in the cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken in crockpot. Cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- If you don't have a crockpot. Cook at 250F for 4-6 hours in oven. Make sure to cover with foil if using your oven.
- Depending on the size of your chicken and your crockpot the time will vary. Using a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken. When the temperature has reached 165F the chicken is done.