Recipe by Mille®
Quick, easy, delicious, low sodium dressing. Goes well with pasta salads as well as green salads.
Top Review by Stickman72
Forget the store bought Italian dressing, this is the by far the most delicious Italian dressing ever! This dressing is also great on pasta and perfect for dipping bread in without worrying about sodium intake. Add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper for additional zest...perfect!
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other salt-like seasoning of choice)
- artificial sweetener (to equal 1 teaspoon of sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise (half the calories)
- 3 tablespoons water