Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
Quick, easy, delicious, low sodium dressing. Goes well with pasta salads as well as green salads.
Make and share this Italian Dressing - Low Sodium recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other salt-like seasoning of choice)
- artificial sweetener (to equal 1 teaspoon of sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise (half the calories)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour into small pitcher or dressing cruet.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Shake or stir before pouring.
- Lasts for several days in fridge.
Forget the store bought Italian dressing, this is the by far the most delicious Italian dressing ever! This dressing is also great on pasta and perfect for dipping bread in without worrying about sodium intake. Add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper for additional zest...perfect!
I made this as stated in the recipe. and really like it. I eat a lot of salads and I am trying to limit my sodium intake so feel very healthly with this recipe! Will keep this in frig all the time. Thanks for sharing.
Quite good--I made a half-recipe, using my Seasoning Mixture for Chicken and Turkey #101943 in place of the Mrs. Dash, and used it to season HokeyLady's Chicken & Broccoli Bow-Tie Pasta Salad. It accented the chicken nicely.