Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my husband's favorite italian dressing. It is a recipe from a friend. The longer it sets the better it gets.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mazola corn oil (best if you use this oil)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- Mix all ingredients and let stand at least one hour in refrigerator (better if overnight). You will want to use container for salad dressing so the garlic does not fall out.
- Sprinkle salads with garlic powder before using dressing.
I love the amount of mustard powder and lack of sugar in this recipe. The powder made it almost "creamy" which was a nice surprise. Definitely one of the best dressings out there. It seems like one of those recipes that an Italian grandma would make, simple but with a secret (the mustard powder). Thank you.
What a truly lovely dressing happynana. We enjoyed it very much. I used corn oil, a good quality red wine vinegar and made the recipe exactly as written, I wouldn't change a thing. I made it Saturday and served it on Sunday with a very simple salad. The great flavor really comes together with the additional chilling time. Thanks so much for sharing.
Simple, but wonderful dressing! I used good quality red wine (zinfandel) vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and I think that makes a huge difference. I used only 1/2 tsp of salt, and did let this sit overnight. I loved it, the flavors were very balanced.