Prep 25 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is my grandmothers recipe.
- 15 ounces container ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- . In a large bowl beat ricotta cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat on low speed until just combined. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Drop batter by well-rounded teaspoonfuls, four or five at a time, into deep hot fat (365 degree F).
- Cook 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove doughnuts with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Shake doughnuts in a bag with powdered sugar, granulated sugar, or cinnamon/sugar mixture.