Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the dipping oil served at my two favorite Italian restaurants. Both restaurants vary slightly in ingredients. Here is my version that brings the best of both worlds. Serve with warm bread fresh out of the oven and enjoy!
- Pour olive oil into a shallow bowl.
- Add basil, garlic and pepper.
- Stir with a spoon to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Serve with warm bread.
- ~NOTE~Use a good quality olive oil and fresh basil and garlic for best results.
- More garlic can be added if desired.
I enjoyed this with a loaf of ciabatta from Panera Bread. I used red pepper flakes rather than black pepper. A very nice treat - Thank you!
Like another reviewer, my fresh basil wasn't in good shape. So I also used the dried basil and added a dash of oregano while I was at it. It was delicious! Thank you!
Loved this! It went great with Soft Italian Bread Sticks Soft Italian Breadsticks (Abm) and stuffed shells. I had to use dried basil, as my fresh didn't look so good and I used a pinch of salt also. Thanks for posting!