Recipe by Caroline Cooks
An Italian twist on the picnic deviled egg. Makes a very nice potluck addition. Prep time include boiling eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and halve eggs.
- Remove yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard, blending until smooth.
- Stir in pesto, cheese and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into egg white shells and garnish with parsley.
- Refrigerate to meld flavors.