1/1 Photo of Italian Deli Sandwiches
Perfect for a Super Bowl get together! The ingredients may be doubled or tripled, if desired for more amount. Note: thinly sliced red onions, and green sliced ripe olives may be add to the sandwich if desired, but it is not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 -3 chopped fresh garlic cloves, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian rolls, split lengthwise (3x5 inches)
- 1 (7 1/2-15 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices thin prosciutto ham
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and tough stems removed
- 1In a food processor, with a metal blade, process the basil, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, water, fresh garlic and olive oil, until a paste is formed.
- 2Spread the mixture evenly between the bread slices.
- 3Layer ONE side of the roll with peppers, mozzarella cheese Italian prosciutto and arugula, top with a thin layer of onions and/or olives (if using).
- 4Top with bread.
- 5Cut, wrap in plastic wrap.
- 6Refrigerate until serving.
- 7All ingredients may be doubled or tripled for more sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Deli Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 1244.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: