Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Perfect for a Super Bowl get together! The ingredients may be doubled or tripled, if desired for more amount. Note: thinly sliced red onions, and green sliced ripe olives may be add to the sandwich if desired, but it is not necessary.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 -3 chopped fresh garlic cloves, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian rolls, split lengthwise (3x5 inches)
- 1 (7 1/2-15 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices thin prosciutto ham
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and tough stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, with a metal blade, process the basil, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, water, fresh garlic and olive oil, until a paste is formed.
- Spread the mixture evenly between the bread slices.
- Layer ONE side of the roll with peppers, mozzarella cheese Italian prosciutto and arugula, top with a thin layer of onions and/or olives (if using).
- Top with bread.
- Cut, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- All ingredients may be doubled or tripled for more sandwiches.