Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A simple-to-make recipe that's also inexpensive! Makes the house smell wonderful as it cooks, and tastes great on those chilly fall nights. We typically serve this over cooked egg noodles with a tossed green salad, but it would be nice over rice, as well. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs beef cube steaks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancanned diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 5 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place the cube steak, flour, salt, and pepper. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the cube steak.
- Reduce heat to low, and mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover, and simmer at least 1 hour, stirring once.
- Place the zucchini in the skillet, and coat with the tomato sauce.
- Continue to simmer uncovered 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
This was really good! My zucchini didn't get as tender as I would have liked but the cube steak was definitely nice and tender. I served over rice and it was awesome. I will most definitely be making again!
I made this for supper last night. It was easy and excellent. Thanks.
My family really liked this dish. We used less zucchini and added yellow squash. Our skillet was not big enough, so we put in a dutch oven after browing and put in a 350 oven for an hour. We followed the direcctions from there after adding the ucchini and squash. Great Sunday night dinner.