Recipe by nonny71
A simple-to-make recipe that's also inexpensive! Makes the house smell wonderful as it cooks, and tastes great on those chilly fall nights. We typically serve this over cooked egg noodles with a tossed green salad, but it would be nice over rice, as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by KLBoyle
This was really good! My zucchini didn't get as tender as I would have liked but the cube steak was definitely nice and tender. I served over rice and it was awesome. I will most definitely be making again!
- 2 lbs beef cube steaks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancanned diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 5 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place the cube steak, flour, salt, and pepper. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the cube steak.
- Reduce heat to low, and mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover, and simmer at least 1 hour, stirring once.
- Place the zucchini in the skillet, and coat with the tomato sauce.
- Continue to simmer uncovered 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.