Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've had this recipe for years and it's one my family's favorites. Quick, easy but good enough for company. It is a very versitle recipe in that you can add any additional spices or seasonings to your own taste. I have tried to substitute olive oil for all of the butter, but it doesn't work for our tastes. I add a little olive oil to the butter because we do like the richness it gives yet not too overpowering. I use StoveTop stuffing mix and the parmesan cheese in the can. Also great for pork chops.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix, any flavor, crushed (scant)
- 1⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray baking pan with no-stick spray and set aside.
- Crush seasoned stuffing mix (I use StoveTop, any flavor) and place in shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Add the crushed corn flakes and parmesan cheese to dry stuffing mix and stir well. Set aside.
- Melt butter with olive oil in another shallow container or bowl.
- Add Italian dressing packet contents to butter/oil, mix well.
- Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in butter mixture and then dredge is stuffing mix combination. Place in baking pan.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Delicious!! This yummy chicken has just become my family's favorite baked chicken recipe. It is very quick and easy to make, but has tons of flavor. The chicken stayed moist and the coating was very crunchy. I used Stove Top lower sodium Chicken flavor stuffing mix, and a 0.7 oz package of Good Seasoning Italian salad dressing mix. I baked (4) chicken breasts in a 9x13" baking dish for 30 minutes. Wow...we couldn't believe how good this was!! Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! **Made for Spring 2013 PAC**
This is one of the best Baked chicken recipes I think I have ever made. The flavors are so well blended and it comes out so crisp and tender. I followed the recipe as written except I used 7 oz package of Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix and added a little more parmesan cheese (doubled it) and used chicken tenders as that is what I had. I used Stove Top Savory Herb stuffing mix which I love for recipes. Just a great baked chicken recipe and one I will use again and again. I see us using this with salads this summer with various fresh veggies. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2012