The garlic in this dish actually sweetens with the long cooking time. Thinly slice the roast, layer over wide egg noodles. Ladle with the sauce and top with Parmesan!
- 3 lbs chuck or 3 lbs round roast, salt and peppered
- 1 cup cubed celery
- 1 cup cubed onion
- 1 cup cubed carrot
- 8 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef stock
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place veggies in crock pot.
- Pierce beef, from top, 2" deep, eight times.
- Shove a garlic clove half and parsley into each slit.
- Add beef to pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
This is my new favorite Pot Roast recipe. This is definitely a keeper. I followed the recipe exactly but next time I will add mushrooms and potatoes which I think will be great with the gravy this makes. I did thicken it at the end with cornstarch. Thanks for a great recipe.
Took this to a pot luck supper last night. It was a great hit. It had a rich blend of spice. Poured the leftover stock and cubed the beef over steamed rice the next day really tasty. Thanks for posting! Barb