This is a delicious cheesy ground beef casserole topped with crescent rolls and then baked. If desired you may double up on the tomato sauce. Also, I usually add/mix the cooked pasta with a few tablespoons of oil and a couple tablespoons of Parmesan cheese before layering in the bottom of the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- seasoning salt and black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (can use two if desired)
- 1 (25 g) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 (235 g) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked pasta (penne or rigatoni pasta is good, make certain not to overcook the pasta)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Layer the cooked pasta in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4In a fry pan, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until the beef is no longer pink; drain fat.
- 5Add in the 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- 6Spread the cooked ground beef mixture over the cooked pasta in the dish.
- 7Spread the tomato sauce on top of the ground beef, then sprinkle with the dry spaghetti mix.
- 8Spread the sour cream over all, and top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- 9Unroll the crescent roll dough, and spread over the mozzarella cheese.
- 10Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with 1/3 - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Crescent Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 1280.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce mix