Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple tart that includes fruit preserve filling, baked in a crust and topped with thin strips of dough, very simply and easy
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups red raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Separate dough into eight rectangles, and separate five of those into ten triangles.
- Reserve remaining three triangles for lattice top.
- Place the ten triangles in ungreased 12 inch pizza pan or 9 by 13 plan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- Press perforations to seal.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In medium bowl, combine preserves, walnuts (or pecans) and raisins.
- Spread preserve mixture over partially baked crust.
- To make lattice top, seal perforations of remaining 3 rectangles, cut each lengthwise into 5 strips to make 15 strips of dough.
- Arrange dough strips in lattice design over preserve mixture, pinching strips together where necessary.
- Gently brush beaten egg over lattice.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.