Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a cooking magazine. It quickly became a family favorite. Even with my picky son. It works well with beef, chicken and pork. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (I use non-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook noodles to desired tenderness; drain in colander.
- Place butter or margarine in sauce pan used to cook noodles; add noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
These tasted pretty good, and I loved the ease of prep. I used the fat-free half and half suggestion, and my sauce looked like it curdled a little (didn't seem to affect the taste, but it didn't look as nice as those in the photo). We will probably have these again, thanks for the recipe.
The texture of the parm was a little rough for the noodles, but otherwise I think it tasted fine. Of course, I did accidently use a package of Ranch dressing mix instead of Italian, but I'm sure the Italian would have tasted good too.
Really easy and delicious. I used Penzyey's Italian dressing base and took another's suggestion and added crushed red pepper. I also used whole wheat egg noodles to make it just a tad healthier. It is hard to believe that something so easy is so delicious! Thanks!!