Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A "lighter" alternative to fettuccine alfredo.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- cooking spray
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup celery
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Spray oil in large skillet.
- Heat to medium-high.
- Add broccoli, celery, onion, garlic, and basil.
- Stir-fry 5 minutes or crisp-tender.
- Add evaporated milk, 3 tablespoons parmesean cheese, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover with lid, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine starch and small amount of chicken broth in a bowl.
- Stir into skillet.
- Slowly stir in the rest of the chicken broth, red bell pepper, and peas.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Do not boil!
- Serve over fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with rest of parmesean cheese.