Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, separated
- chopped toasted pecans, garnish
Cream Cheese Syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake pecans and coconut in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, next 3 ingredients, and 2 egg yolks in another bowl.
- Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, and fold into batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet.
- Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- Turn and cook 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Syrup--beat cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, beating until smooth.
- If desired, microwave syrup in a microwave safe bowl at HIGH 10-15 seconds or just until warm, stir until smooth.