1 hr 20 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Cupcakes have become very popular lately. I do not recall where this recipe is from, possibly Cuisine Magazine, but I have made them. They were very good despite being alittle labor intensive. Nice for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM TOGETHER AND ADD
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs, seperated (reserve whites)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
BEAT AND FOLD IN
- 1Preheat oven to 325*; line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners and coat with nonstick spray.
- 2Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Cream sugar and butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attatchment on medium speed until white and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Mix in syrup and vanilla until incorporated.
- 6Mix 1/2 the dry mixture into butter mixture, followed by buttermilk, then remaining dry ingredients; blend just until incorporated.
- 7In a bowl with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites into stiff peaks; fold into batter.
- 8Fold hazelnuts and coconut into batter.
- 9Fill liners to the top with batter and bake until toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20-25-minutes.
- 10Cool Cupackes in the pan for 20-minutes; transfer to rack.
- 11Frost when cool.
- 12CREAM CHEESE ICING:.
- 132 packages (8-oz. each) cream cheese, softened.
- 143 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 cups).
- 153 tablespoons hazelnut syrup.
- 162 tablespoons heavy cream.
- 171 lb. powered sugar, sifted.
- 18Whip cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until combined.
- 19Add syrup and cream; beat in powdered sugar until creamy.
- 20Generously frost each cupcake.
- 221 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (5 oz.).
- 231/2 cup hazelnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cream Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3898.2
- Calories from Fat 2070
- Total Fat 230.1 g
- Saturated Fat 125.3 g
- Cholesterol 1005.4 mg
- Sodium 1846.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 407.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 251.6 g
- Protein 67.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: