Recipe by Nana Lee
From Cafemom.com. Tried to see if this was anywhere on 'Zaar but couldn't find it so I'm posting it.
Top Review by robingracejohnson
Great little one dish meal!!! I only made 2 chicken breast, but kept all the other ingredients the same and after I cooked the pasta I just tossed it with the chicken and sauce. I served with garlic breadsticks and it was a winner for my family!!! Next time I make it I think I will add some steamed broccoli and maybe some bacon bits or something! Delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked pasta (I used bowtie pasta) or rice (I used bowtie pasta)
- fresh oregano leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and pour over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired.