Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cafemom.com. Tried to see if this was anywhere on 'Zaar but couldn't find it so I'm posting it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked pasta (I used bowtie pasta) or rice (I used bowtie pasta)
- fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and pour over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired.