Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Cafemom.com. Tried to see if this was anywhere on 'Zaar but couldn't find it so I'm posting it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked pasta (I used bowtie pasta) or rice (I used bowtie pasta)
- fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and pour over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired.
Great little one dish meal!!! I only made 2 chicken breast, but kept all the other ingredients the same and after I cooked the pasta I just tossed it with the chicken and sauce. I served with garlic breadsticks and it was a winner for my family!!! Next time I make it I think I will add some steamed broccoli and maybe some bacon bits or something! Delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!
This was super good and super easy. I didn't have any cream cheese in my house, so I used regular thick Sour Cream. I'm sure it would be even better with the sharpness of the cream cheese. I will be making this again, though next time I'm going to make it on the stove top with Perdue Italian seasoned Chicken Breast (they come in the individual marinated packs), and I'll make sure to have the cream cheese this time around.
This has now become one of our weekly meals. It is so easy to make and is great over pasta or rice (have had it both ways). Thank you for sharing this wonder meal. JWenk-Michigan