Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe this weekend going through really old newspapers. These are just fantastic. I think next time I might drizzle a glaze over the top. The recipe didn't specify, but I coated both sides of the biscuit in the sugar mixture.
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (10 count size)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Press or roll each into a 4-inch circle.
- Dip biscuits in margarine then in coat lightly in walnut mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 tbsp sugar and lemon juice until well blended.
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture onto center of each biscuit.
- Bring 4 opposite points of dough to center of filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side up in prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans.
- Store in refrigerator.