Recipe by Little Bee
I had a very similar salad in Little Italy near the Baltimore Harbor. It was fabulous! This is the closest I have come to it. This is pretty darn good too! A wonderful summertime salad! Serve as an appetizer salad, a side salad, light lunch or for brunch. It makes a very nice presentation and will be sure to impress guests. :) P.S. Do not substitute canned crabmeat or imitation it will not taste the same!
- 12 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat (you can find fresh lump crabmeat in a 1lb container in the seafood dept. Do not use canned or imitat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 Old Bay Seasoning (Old Bay is best but if you cannot find use another seafood seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Pick through crab discarding any pieces of shells.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, buttermilk, onions, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder Old bay, parsley and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta shells and mix again.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.