Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These ribs come out so tender and flavorful. My family loves them. I put the remaining sauce on the rice or noodles instead of butter.
- 6 country-style pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar prepared spaghetti sauce (Ragu "or" your favorite brand)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- In dutch oven or electric fry pan put 2 Tbsps oil and sear ribs on all sides.
- Remove ribs from pan.
- Saute onion, garlic and green peppers in same pan.
- Put ribs back in pan.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, water, sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over ribs, cover and simmer on medium low heat for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until cooked through and tender.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles and a vegetable.
Yes, Yes this is sOOooooo good! Love a recipe like this that you can get all together and then it minds itself - Excellent flavor and the sauce is just right over noodles with a bit of Parmesan on top. I had about a dozen mushroom s in the fridge so I added them sliced to the onions etc when I sauted them This is definately a keeper
What a wonderful recipe this is...very simple and turns out perfect....Will be making this for a family Sunday dinner this winter for sure...
Easy to make. Don't own a dutch oven, so I used a large non-stick sauce pan with a lid. Worked great. My husband and kids loved it, which always makes cooking more pleasurable.