Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Italian country style chicken baked with a rustic combination of peppers and potatoes
- 907.18-1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, don't peel, cut into bite size pieces
- red pepper (bite size pieces as many as you like)
- green pepper (bite size pieces as many as you like)
- 14 fluid ounce chicken broth (canned is fine)
- 59.14 ml garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- In large roasting pan place chicken, sausage and potatoes.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Then stir in the peppers and onions.
- In small bowl combine chicken broth, vinegar and Italian seasoning.
- Pour over meat and vegetables in pan.
- Cover and bake for 40-45 minutes until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat and vegetables into serving dish.
- You can either discard broth mixture or use cornstarch to make a gravy.
You can make this dinner in a snap. I choose to thicken the broth and it's wonderful. Living alone these are the dishes I look for, good easy to make, and enough for left overs. Ray Grodnicki
Yummm Yummm!!! This is fabulous!! It doesn't get any better than a recipe like this that gives great flavor, ease to make, and a hearty satisfying meal!!! I love the flavors that the sausage imparts the other ingredients!! I just sprinkled garlic powder into some red wine vinegar and I did salt and pepper my ingredients just a bit before cooking. Loved this, served with Watermelon and Feta Salad and it was a delicious meal!!!