Recipe by Steve P.
Italian country style chicken baked with a rustic combination of peppers and potatoes
Top Review by Ray Grodnicki
You can make this dinner in a snap. I choose to thicken the broth and it's wonderful. Living alone these are the dishes I look for, good easy to make, and enough for left overs. Ray Grodnicki
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, don't peel, cut into bite size pieces
- red pepper (bite size pieces as many as you like)
- green pepper (bite size pieces as many as you like)
- 13 3⁄4 fluid ounces chicken broth (canned is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In large roasting pan place chicken, sausage and potatoes.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Then stir in the peppers and onions.
- In small bowl combine chicken broth, vinegar and Italian seasoning.
- Pour over meat and vegetables in pan.
- Cover and bake for 40-45 minutes until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat and vegetables into serving dish.
- You can either discard broth mixture or use cornstarch to make a gravy.