1/2 Photos of Italian Country Bread Soup
This is a great tasting soup and is really good anytime of the year but is very well suiter to winter. I always add 1/2 a can of Romano beans that I have microwaved (in their juice) long enough to make sure that they are tender. Yummm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped zucchini, and or 2 1/2 cups summer squash
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken basic soup stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Spread bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook zucchini or yellow squash, sweet pepper, and onion in hot oil for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in stock or broth and undrained tomatoes.
- 5Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 6Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 7Ladle soup into bowls.
- 8Top each serving with toasted bread cubes and, if desired, Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Country Bread Soup
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic