1/1 Photo of Italian Cooking Sauce Mix
Never buy jar sauce again! This is easy to prepare and freezes well. Keep a pint or two in the freezer and you will be prepared. Use this sauce whenever the recipe calls for spaghetti sauce. Recipe comes from Make a Mix Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, pureed
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons green pepper flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1Combine all ingredients in large stockpot.
- 2Simmer 15 minutes over medium-low heat; cool.
- 3Pour into six 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top.
- 4Seal and label containers; freeze.
- 5Use within 6 months.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cooking Sauce Mix
Serving Size: 1 (2616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2714.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green pepper flakes