Prep 40 mins
Cook 11 mins
Crescent shaped cookie we always make at Christmas time. Best served fresh from the oven.
- Let the butter soften to room temperature.
- Mix these three ingredients well.
- With a teaspoon, form a small amount into balls.
- Place the balls into the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- The next day, roll the balls out on a floured surface.
- Sprinkle approximately a teaspoon of chopped pecans and then a teaspoon of sugar into the middle of the rolled out dough.
- Wrap the dough around the sugar and pecans pressing to seal it together.
- Form into a crescent shape.
- I then freeze these cookies with layers of wax paper in between them so they do not stick together. When I want some, I take out only the number that I want to bake, usually 2 – 4 dozen at a time, and bake at 350 degrees until nicely browned (about 10-12 minutes, oven temperatures vary and it will take longer on air bake trays). Serve warm! That is when they are the best.
cottage cheese is not italian, you might want to use ricotta cheese