Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is an excellent sandwich adapted from a magazine. Be sure to use deli fresh meats and a good quality Italian dressing and Italian bread. I use precooked bacon warmed up according to the package directions.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Just the ticket for sandwich night. Loved the Italian dressing and Parm toasted before making the sandwich. Very tasty. Will have again this summer I'm sure. Thnx for posting, Lvs2Cook. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced mortadella or 1⁄2 lb bologna
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread diagonally into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Brush slices evenly with Italian dressing, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread untoasted sides of bread slices evenly with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, with salami, mortadella, and provolone.
- Top with 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up; layer with lettuce, tomato, and bacon.
- Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
- Cut in half, and secure with wooden picks.