Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Southern Living. Great as a snack, lunch or light dinner.
- 8 ounces Italian bread (1/2 pound loaf)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced garlic bologna
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, sliced cooked and cut in half
- Cut bread diagonally into 12 (1/4 inch thick) slices; arrange on baking sheet.
- Brush slices evenly with Italian dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 375 degrees 5 - 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread untoasted sides of bread slices evenly with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up with salami, bologna and provolone. Top with 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up; layer with lettuce tomatoes and bacon. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
- Cut in half and secure with wooden picks.
Delicious sandwich! I made this last night and my DH loved it. The only change we made was to put the sandwich back in the oven after putting on the meat and cheese.
Very tasty sandwich! I did use plain salami and turkey bacon that we had on hand. Added a few thin slices of red onion on mine and extra meat to DH's. Served with Progresso's Italian Style Vegetable soup and enjoyed a wonderful sandwich along with the soup. Will be making this sandwich again! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's European Forum's - Italy Tag Game.
Loved this sammie, GailAnn......Made completely as directed and was very pleased with the results. Unfortunately, my bread didn't want to stay in place, so I will probably make it on a large roll as did everyone else. Thnx for sharing, hon. Made for KcK's Forum.