Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- cow's milk mozzarella cheese, packed in sealed plastic containers (are available in the dairy section of many supermarkets or speciality stores, Small, cherry-sized ba)
- 1⁄2 medium lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 9 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices prosciutto
- 1 bunch dill
- Squeeze lemon juice into a medium bowl.
- Peel and crush garlic and put it into the bowl along with the chives, olive oil, and red-pepper flakes.
- Drain and add cheese"cherries" or cut mozzarella into 3/4- inch cubes and add to the mixture.
- Marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours.
- (Can cover and refrigerate overnight).
- Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise.
- Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each piece of cheese and 1 small sprig of dill.
- Secure with a toothpick and serve.