Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great little hors d'oeuvre people will surely love. Recipe can be doubled if you like. These baked cigars are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. The flavor is great. YUM!!
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 16 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean dry work surface. Use a pastry brush to brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter. Fold the phyllo sheet in half lengthwise, resulting in a 12 by 8-inch rectangle.
- Brush the top of the phyllo with melted butter.
- Take one clove of roasted garlic and spread it over the middle of the phyllo.
- Then place a few slices of smoked mozzarella at a narrow end of the phyllo rectangle, leaving 1-inch on each side.
- Top the cheese with a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Carefully roll up the phyllo dough into a cigar shape starting with the cheese and tomato end.
- About half way through the rolling, tuck in the 1-inch ends of the phyllo dough, and continue rolling.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, seam side down, and brush the top with butter.
- Continue rolling the 5 remaining cigars.
- Bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.