Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great little hors d'oeuvre people will surely love. Recipe can be doubled if you like. These baked cigars are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. The flavor is great. YUM!!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean dry work surface. Use a pastry brush to brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter. Fold the phyllo sheet in half lengthwise, resulting in a 12 by 8-inch rectangle.
- Brush the top of the phyllo with melted butter.
- Take one clove of roasted garlic and spread it over the middle of the phyllo.
- Then place a few slices of smoked mozzarella at a narrow end of the phyllo rectangle, leaving 1-inch on each side.
- Top the cheese with a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Carefully roll up the phyllo dough into a cigar shape starting with the cheese and tomato end.
- About half way through the rolling, tuck in the 1-inch ends of the phyllo dough, and continue rolling.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, seam side down, and brush the top with butter.
- Continue rolling the 5 remaining cigars.
- Bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.