Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Version #1 (Thanks, Linda!)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 cups flour
- Mix together all liquid ingredients with mixer and then add flour until you get a dough (similar to a bread dough but not as dry).
- Cut dough in four pieces.
- Cut a slice approximately 1/2 inch and roll out. You can either twist into a braid or a circle (what ever shape you wish).
- Bake @ 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (until slightly brown).
- Glaze (Optional) Confectionary Sugar, Milk and Vanilla (mix until you get a slightly stiff glaze and then apply to cookies).
PERFECTION for Christmas gifts! Truly Italian, thus NOT TOO sweet! Myself and neighbors will be munching on these for days to come. Thanks for sharing, Kimmy!
Good recipe, not quite sweet enough. Next time I will add a bit more sugar. I halved this and the consistency was not affected. Also, just a different way to make these, I rolled the dough in toasted sesame seeds (like my grandmom used to do) Thank you for posting this Kimmy, this is as close to my grandmom's cookies as I could find.
Theses turned out pretty good, they weren't very sweet, however. :)