Recipe by yooper
I just found this on Recipegoldmine.com. Haven't made this yet, but they sound like an incredible appetizer for a cookout or picnic. Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time.
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
Made this for a Fourth of July picnic and everyone RAVED! I made these the night before, and had to substitute pepperoni and hot italian ham, since I didn't have cooked chicken or salami. I added shredded parmesan cheese, too. A word of advice, though; make sure to measure 4 cups of the chopped romaine. I measured 4 cups, then chopped it, and felt more romaine would've been great. There are a lot of ways to slightly change this recipe for different tastes - it's very versatile, and would be a great addition to a brunch, casual, or even more formal buffet. They're perfect finger food, and do look pretty elegant. My friends, family, & I could not have been more pleased. We'll be making this often. Thanks for posting this!
- 453.59 g package jumbo pasta shells
- 946.36 ml chopped romaine lettuce
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped cucumber
- 85.04 g italian hard salami, chopped
- 78.07 ml roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells as directed on the package.
- Drain and cool.
- Place remaining ingredients except vinaigrette in a medium bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss to coat.
- Stuff the shells with the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.