Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I just found this on Recipegoldmine.com. Haven't made this yet, but they sound like an incredible appetizer for a cookout or picnic. Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time.
- 453.59 g package jumbo pasta shells
- 946.36 ml chopped romaine lettuce
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped cucumber
- 85.04 g italian hard salami, chopped
- 78.07 ml roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing
- Cook pasta shells as directed on the package.
- Drain and cool.
- Place remaining ingredients except vinaigrette in a medium bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss to coat.
- Stuff the shells with the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Made this for a Fourth of July picnic and everyone RAVED! I made these the night before, and had to substitute pepperoni and hot italian ham, since I didn't have cooked chicken or salami. I added shredded parmesan cheese, too. A word of advice, though; make sure to measure 4 cups of the chopped romaine. I measured 4 cups, then chopped it, and felt more romaine would've been great. There are a lot of ways to slightly change this recipe for different tastes - it's very versatile, and would be a great addition to a brunch, casual, or even more formal buffet. They're perfect finger food, and do look pretty elegant. My friends, family, & I could not have been more pleased. We'll be making this often. Thanks for posting this!
Very elegant looking & easy to put together. I really stuffed the shells & only got about 24 appetizers, rather than 34. Took to a Christmas party. It was after work and, being the holidays, I figured everyone would bring sweets. They did and everyone pounced on these! I had some bottled Italian dressing I needed to use up, so didn't get the vinaigrette. When I first put the shells together, thought they were going to be awfully oily & messy but after 2 hrs in the 'fridge they were fine. Will use the vinaigrette next time. Everyone asked me to email the recipe, so will do that and turn them on to 'Zaar! Good recipe!
This might sound strange but I left out the lettuce,Im not fond of it,I found it pretty good,try it,it's good ribbit ribbit