1/1 Photo of Italian Chopped Salad
This is a great, basic Italian salad and dressing recipe. The recipe was developed by Gwyneth Paltrow, who is not only a great actress but a wonderful cook! Don't forget to steam your green beans first!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lettuce head, washed or dried and cut in small pcs. (any leafy green works, but I prefer romaine)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2 inch dice (I usually add a bit more)
- 4 bocconcini, cut into 1/2 inch dice (small balls of mozzarella)
- French haricots vert, 1 large handful (thin green beans)
- 1 red roasted bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice (jarred works fine or you can roast your own)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 5 olive anchovies packed in oil, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Scatter the scallions, tomatoes, artichokes, bocconcini, haricots verts and roasted red pepper over the lettuce.
- 2Make the dressing:.
- 3Whisk together the mustard, agave, anchovies and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- 5*Note - not all the dressing needs to be used. Dress your salad lightly or to your preference.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.5
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 576.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: