Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a great, basic Italian salad and dressing recipe. The recipe was developed by Gwyneth Paltrow, who is not only a great actress but a wonderful cook! Don't forget to steam your green beans first!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Excellent lunch salad! I think some boiled red potatoes would be wonderful on top as well. I really enjoyed the flavors and the freshness of the dressing. I will certainly repeat this recipe! Made for ZWT7 for the Holiday and Entertaining Challenge for Team Emerald City Shakers
- 1 lettuce head, washed or dried and cut in small pcs. (any leafy green works, but I prefer romaine)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2 inch dice (I usually add a bit more)
- 4 bocconcini, cut into 1/2 inch dice (small balls of mozzarella)
- French haricots vert, 1 large handful (thin green beans)
- 1 red roasted bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice (jarred works fine or you can roast your own)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 5 olive anchovies packed in oil, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Scatter the scallions, tomatoes, artichokes, bocconcini, haricots verts and roasted red pepper over the lettuce.
- Make the dressing:.
- Whisk together the mustard, agave, anchovies and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- *Note - not all the dressing needs to be used. Dress your salad lightly or to your preference.