1/4 Photos of Italian Chocolate Walnut Cake (Flourless)
This is an extremely rich cake which is easy to prepare. The inside is soft and rather creamy. While it is great the first day, we think the flavor improves the second (if you still have any left!). Cooking time does not include cooling time in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Lightly oil (or butter) a non-stick 20 cm springform pan; if yours is not non-stick, butter the bottom, line bottom with parchment paper, then butter the sides and the parchment as well.
- 3Melt the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring with a wooden spoon until both are completely melted and the mixture is smooth; take the bowl off the heat (and off the pan of water).
- 4Mix the instant coffee granules and 3 TBS cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the granulated sugar together for five minutes at high speed, until they are light in color and thickened.
- 6Grind 30 g of the walnuts in a spice or coffee mill until they become a fine powder.
- 7Coarsely chop the remaining walnuts.
- 8Stir the ground walnuts and walnut pieces into the egg mixture.
- 9Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until they are completely combined (I like to use a glass bowl so I can see that I've done so).
- 10Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 11Bake 40 minutes or until the top of the cake is dry.
- 12Turn the oven off, leaving the cake undisturbed IN THE OVEN to cool COMPLETELY.
- 13When the cake is cooled, remove from the oven.
- 14Remove the cake from the pan, remove parchment paper if used, and sprinkle with the reserved cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chocolate Walnut Cake (Flourless)
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2975.5
- Calories from Fat 1729
- Total Fat 192.1 g
- Saturated Fat 68.5 g
- Cholesterol 1143.7 mg
- Sodium 1075.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 291.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 262.0 g
- Protein 56.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: